84 New Testament Facts About Angels:
1. God the Father commands the angels
Mat 26:53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
2. Angels minister to Jesus
Mar 1:13 And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered
3. Angels will accompany Jesus upon His return
Mar 1:13 And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered
4. Angels don’t get married
Mar 12:25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which
are in heaven.
5. Angels will be assigned to gather the elect
Mar 13:27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part
of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
6. NO angel or spirit knows when Jesus will return
Mar 13:32 But of that day and [that] hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the
7. Angels announced the birth of Jesus
Luk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all
8. Angels were given charge over Jesus to protect Him
Luk 4:10 For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:
9. Jesus will confess the faithful before angels
Luk 12:8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels
11. Jesus will deny the unfaithful before angels
Luk 12:9 But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.
12. Angels rejoice over saved sinners Luk 15:10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God
over one sinner that repenteth.
13. Angels carry the spirits of the dead to heaven Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by
the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
14. When we die we are equal to the angels: Luk 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and
are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
15. Angels testified of Jesus’ resurrection: Luk 24:23 And when they found not his body, they came, saying, that they
had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was alive.
16. Angels were constantly coming and going to and from heaven ministering to Jesus: Jhn 1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily,
verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of
17. Two angels sat inside the tomb of Jesus: Jhn 20:12 And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the
other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
18. Angels helped deliver the Law to Moses: Act 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not
Not even angels, the most powerful of God’s creatures, can separate us from His Love: Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded,
that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ
Jesus our Lord.
19. Angels are watching what we are doing: 1Cr 4:9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed
to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.
20. We shall judge angels: 1Cr 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
21. Angels have their own spoken language: 1Cr 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity,
I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
22. Angels ordained the law: Gal 3:19 Wherefore then [serveth] the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed
should come to whom the promise was made; [and it was] ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
23. Angels are not to be worshipped: Col 2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping
of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
24. Jesus will be revealed from Heaven with His mighty angels: 2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the
Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
25. Jesus was seen by angels: 1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the
flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
26. Angels are chosen: 1Ti 5:21 I charge [thee] before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe
these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.
27. Jesus was made better than the angels; Hbr 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained
a more excellent name than they.
28. The angels do not have the right of son -ship as we do; Hbr 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou
art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
29. All the angels worshipped Jesus at His birth: Hbr 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world,
he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
Angels are spirits and ministers of fire: Hbr 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers
a flame of fire.
30. Angels do not sit next to God: Hbr 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I
make thine enemies thy footstool?
31. Angels spoke the Word of God: Hbr 2:2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience
received a just recompence of reward;
32. Angels will not be ruling in the world to come: Hbr 2:5 For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to
come, whereof we speak.
33. Angels are above us now: Hbr 2:7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour,
and didst set him over the works of thy hands:
34. The Angels were above Jesus at one time: Hbr 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the
suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
35. The nature of Jesus and the nature of Angels are different: Hbr 2:16 For verily he took not on [him the nature of] angels;
but he took on [him] the seed of Abraham.
36. Angels are innumerable: Hbr 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem,
and to an innumerable company of angels,
37. Angels appear as if they were humans: Hbr 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained
38. Angels are curious concerning salvation: 1Pe 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they
did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost
sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
39. Angels are subject to Jesus: 1Pe 3:22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities
and powers being made subject unto him.
40. The Fallen angels are not the evil spirits that roam the earth: 2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned,
but cast [them] down to hell, and delivered [them] into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
41. Angels do not accuse or fight evil spirits on the earth: 2Pe 2:11
Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
42. The fallen angels left of their own accord, they were not deceived by a being called Lucifer: Jud 1:6 And the angels
which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto
the judgment of the great day.
43. John saw and heard the voice of many angels around God’s throne: Rev 5:11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of
many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand,
and thousands of thousands;
44. Angels have great power: Rev 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding
the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
45. An angel was given the seal of God: Rev 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living
God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
46. Angels can play musical instruments: Rev 8:2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given
47. Angels can preach warning messages from God: Rev 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven,
saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the
three angels, which are yet to sound!
48. Angels fought the War of Heaven: Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon;
and the dragon fought and his angels,
49. Angels will witness the torment of the judged: Rev 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is
poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence
of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
50. Angels will minister the Wrath of God on the wicked: Rev 15:1 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous,
seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.
51. Angels wear clothes: Rev 15:6 And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and
white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.
52. Angels use metaphors and show the Lord’s judgments: Rev 15:6 And the seven angels came out of the temple, having
the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.
53. Certain angels talked with specially chosen prophets of God that were assigned to give them a message: Rev 21:9 And there
came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying,
Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
54. Angels are assigned to stand guard at the gates of heaven: Rev 21:12 And had a wall great and high, [and] had twelve gates,
and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are [the names] of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
55. Angel appeared to Joseph in dreams: Mat 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared
unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived
in her is of the Holy Ghost. Mat 2:13 And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a
dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word:
for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him. Mat 2:19 But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth
in a dream to Joseph in Egypt,
56. An angel rolled the stone away from Jesus tomb: Mat 2:19 But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth
in a dream to Joseph in Egypt,
57. An angel appeared to the women who went to Jesus’ tomb: Mat 28:5 And the angel answered and said unto the women,
Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
An Angel appeared to Zachariah: Luk 1:11And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the
altar of incense.
58. who was righteous before God…
Luk 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and
his wife [was] of the daughters of Aaron, and her name [was] Elisabeth.
Luk 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
58. AN angel prophesies to Zachariah concerning John the Baptist: Luk 1:13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias:
for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.
59. The Angel Gabriel stands in the presence of God and is sent by God to deliver messages to God’s anointed, not Michael.
60. The angel Gabriel was sent to Mary: Luk 1:26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of
Galilee, named Nazareth,
Luk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, [thou that art] highly favoured, the Lord [is] with thee: blessed
[art] thou among women.
Luk 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
Luk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall
overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
61. Luk 1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from
Angels appeared to the shepherds who were taking care of the sheep that were used in sacrifices at the temple; Luk 2:9 And,
lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
62. Luk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to
63. A multitude of angels appeared with the angel to the shepherds: Luk 2:13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude
of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
64. The angel Gabriel named Jesus before he was conceived: Luk 2:21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising
of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.
An angel appeared in the garden of Gethsemane to comfort and strengthen Jesus: Luk 22:43 And there appeared an angel unto
him from heaven, strengthening him.
65. Angels were involved in the healings at the pool of Bethsaida: Jhn 5:4 For an angel went down at a certain season into
the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever
disease he had.
An angel opened the doors of the prison where the apostles were and commanded them to keep preaching: Act 5:19 But the angel
of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said, Act 5:20
66. Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life.
67. An angel directed Philip as to where he should go to preach:
Act 8:26And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from
Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.
68. An angel appeared to Cornelius with a message: Act 10:3 He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an
angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.
69. An angel came to free Peter from prison and hit Peter to wake him up: Act 12:7 And, behold, the angel of the Lord came
upon [him], and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly.
And his chains fell off from [his] hands.
70. An angel smote Herod the Great and he died of worms: Act 12:23 And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because
he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.
71. You cannot believe EVERY angel that appears is of God: 2Cr 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into
an angel of light.
72. Angels cannot preach another gospel other than what is written: Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach
any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
73. A strong angel announced the opening of the sealed book: Rev 5:2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice,
Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
74. An angel offers our prayers to God: Rev 8:3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and
there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer [it] with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which
was before the throne.
75. Angels herald the final wrath of God on the wicked: Rev 8:7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire
mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt
76. An angel flies through heaven proclaiming more of the judgments of God to come: Rev 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel
flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the
other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!
77. Angels are given power to loose evil spirits: Rev 9:14 Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four
angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.
78. An Angel makes a dramatic entrance: Rev 10:1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud:
and a rainbow [was] upon his head, and his face [was] as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:
79. An angel announces the fall of Babylon the Great: Rev 14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen,
is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
80. An angel had power over fire: Rev 14:18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried
with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine
of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
81. Angels are involved in the wrath of God upon the wicked all through the rest of the book of Revelations 14-20.
82. The angel was sent to John to show him things which were to come to pass “shortly” Rev 22:6 And he said
unto me, These sayings [are] faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants
the things which must shortly be done.
83. It was an ANGEL that showed these things to John, not a departed saint or spirit helper: Rev 22:8 And I John saw these
things, and heard [them]. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed
me these things.
84. This angel was sent by Jesus Christ himself, to testify to the truth:
Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of
David, [and] the bright and morning star.